Public Health, Health Care Delivery, and Community-Based Leaders
The Prioritized Research Agenda is a guide to identify research that can be actionable for organizations with a role in public health, health care, education, and justice, as well as large employers, with the aim of benefitting individuals at risk. By seeking effective approaches that can reduce suicide burden, you as leaders can help change the way people think about suicide (its incidence can be reduced), and be catalysts for research-informed, life-saving actions.
Why is this Prioritized Research Agenda important?
- In spite of continued public and private investment in research over the past decade, there is no evidence of an overall decrease in suicide deaths or attempts in the United States.
- This is the first time in the United States that suicide research has been prioritized to have the biggest impact on the rates of suicide attempts and deaths.
- Will help focus the funding for suicide research to those areas that show the most promise.
How can I use this Prioritized Research Agenda?
- Support, shape, and implement policies that will support the objectives outlined in the Prioritized Research Agenda.
- Support the research infrastructure objectives outlined in the Prioritized Research Agenda.