In June of 2013, the Action Alliance and its partners held an event to launch the revised National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (NSSP). The event featured: Surgeon General VADM Regina Benjamin, Richard McKeon (Director, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Suicide Prevention Branch), Jerry Reed (Director, Suicide Prevention Resource Center), Dan Reidenberg (Executive Director, Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) and others.
View the webcast from this launch event.
Webcast Presentations Available for Download:
- Background Slide Set 1
- Background Slide Set 2
- Take 5 to Save Lives (Dan Reidenberg, Suicide Awareness Voices of Education)
- Turning Strategy into Action (Jerry Reed, Suicide Prevention Resource Center)
- The National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Everyone Has a Role (Richard McKeon, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Partners in Care (CPT Oluwatoyin Hines, Illinois National Guard)
- Suicide Prevention Strategies for American Indian/Alaska Native Youth (Teresa LaFramboise, Stanford University)
- Helping LGBTQ Youth Find a Brighter Future (Abbe Land, Executive Director & CEO, The Trevor Project)